Sunday, June 8, 2014

Elijah's Two Month Milestones

I feel like I will start each of Elijah's month milestones posts with "Oh my word, how do we have a ___ month old." But that is truly how I feel. Time is flying. We are enjoying and savoring every minute of it  despite the craziness of life and am so thankful to watch our little boy grow. And might I add, "little boy" is a debatable term to describe our son because he weighed in this month at 14lb 4oz and 22.25 inches long. Yes, you read that right...I have a hard time believing those numbers myself...until I pick him up. Baby boy is as one sweet onlooker described as "healthy".

He is starting to get used to life outside the womb and has started to develop his own schedule. It's definitely nice to have some consistency. He is usually up and ready to start his day around 6am, plays with daddy before work, ready for a cat nap at 8am and real nap at 10am. His afternoon nap is a little more sporadic, he still hates 7pm, and is usually asleep by 8pm. We are still working on a night time schedule, but usually he sleeps well until 2-4am and then after that point, he is up every 2 hours until 6am. 

 My favorite milestone to date is this sweet smile! Can't get enough of this gummy goodness. He made my day one afternoon with the sweetest milky smile I have ever seen while he was nursing. I might be biased, but I think his head control is advanced for his age as he is pretty much holding it up by himself. If he is on his tummy he can also pick up his head and turn it from side to side. Nothing will get him to smile faster than a good fan, his mobile that I made for him during the Sochi Olympics, or when daddy pretends to bite his toes. He is a fan of toe-biting, but hates zurbers...crazy kid!
He does pretty well with other people holding him, but hold him at your own risk. Dude is the spit up king. He definitely has reflux, but thankfully not acid reflux and remains a pretty happy spitter. We are taking donations to help cover our water bill though because I wash SO many clothes now....ours and his. Our best spit up story to date is checking out at Publix and him projectile spitting EVERYWHERE! 

Here are some iPhone pics to document our past month!

Boaz laying around with his bestie.

Experimenting with my new and favorite woven wrap.

Strawberry pickin'

First time going to work with mom.

Elijah giving me my first Mother's Day card.

Elijah really enjoys playing with his activity gym.

First time golfing with dad.

Meeting Mila and Hudson for the first time.

First time feeling the sand beneath his toes.

First beach trip.

Mid-spit up.

Aunt Brit came to Birmingham for a visit to meet Elijah for the first time.

Railroad Park in downtown Birmingham.

First Birmingham Barons game.

At the McWayne Center for mom's birthday.

Sweet smile and first time in baby leggins'.

Best Sunday afternoon nap to date with momma.

How Elijah and Boaz usually pass out at night.

First time getting shots.

Keeping the money safe at our first yard sale.

Looking more and more like his daddy everyday.

Month two has been a blast little one. We love you and are so blessed by your life! Looking forward to what month 3 has in store for our little Fee fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment